Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Holy What-was-that, Batman!"

It's fun to receive feedback, especially like this.  Last week I received this in an email with the subject line "Holy What-was-that, Batman!"  

Hi Valerie,
Today was my first chance to try out the exercises.  I just did roll-out 1, squeaking and roll-in 1.  Within 2 minutes I had played a low E I had never played before!! I got to D in various stages of disbelief.  It was interesting; at one point ... suddenly the note seems to be sucked out of you, then I go lower.
My squeaking, which I could not do every time, got me wailing around G and B 3 above middle C.  More exclamation marks due.  I could not do it on the mouthpiece though...
This is F U N !
Thank you so much for the video.  I needed it to know how to do the lip turn out.  I have to do it in front of the mirror for a while, I think.
Sorry to bother you, had to enthuse.  Even my husband was impressed, not by the face mind.
 Then this additional comment came in the next day:  

Just to see what the mouth clamp approach would do, I tried my high notes after finishing the BE exercises.  I got my target note for the year immediately!  (G two above middle C) It's only March, now what do I aim for??  Oh yes, decent tone so the neighbors don't try to rescue the kitten apparently being tortured in my living room.                                            
Best, Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment