Saturday, March 12, 2022

Roll-Out Helps Everything!

After a 22 month lay off due to the pandemic restrictions, ensembles are opening up again.  Before rehearsal a couple weeks ago, I was playing a few BE Roll-Out exercises to loosen up my chops.  One of the horn players, a former BE student, in the band commented, "Hearing you practice your BE exercises makes me want to do them again."  I responded with "You should be practicing your BE exercises regularly ... even it if it's only once a week."  

The following week at rehearsal, he exclaimed with a big smile on his face, "I've been practicing Roll-Out all week.  Like you've always said, Roll-Out isn't just to develop the low register.  Roll-Out helps everything.  Everything is better!"   

See this:  http://beforhorn.blogspot.com/2011/07/some-things-are-not-obvious.html 

---------

To Order The Balanced Embouchure book:
Step 1. Email me: ValerieW78 “at” Gmail “dot” com. Please tell me what instrument you play and the country you live in.
Step 2. I send you an invoice with payment options (credit card, PayPal, check or money order).
Step 3. You pay the invoice.
Step 4. I ship your BE book.
Happy horn playing!

Valerie Wells  


No comments:

Post a Comment