Thursday, January 31, 2019

Almost 13 Years & Still Going Strong!

      It's been forever since I've posted.  Why?  Well, there's really nothing new to report about my horn playing.  I still practice The Balanced Embouchure exercises to stay in shape. I'm still very happy with my range and endurance.  BE has been great for me and lots of others.  Thank you, Jeff Smiley!  This is how I came to BE.





The Balanced Embouchure Book with CD is $45.00.
The BE for French Horn booklet and/or PDF of horn adaptations is $3.00 (with book purchase).
Shipping & handling is $5.50 to $25.00 depending on location. (The quoted prices are in US dollars.)
Those who purchase The Balanced Embouchure with a Comfy Horn Strap, receive a $5.00 discount (as well as break on shipping).

To Order:
Step 1. Email me: ValerieW78 “at” Gmail “dot” com. Please tell me what instrument you play and the country you live in.
Step 2. I send you an invoice with payment options (credit card, PayPal, check or money order).
Step 3. You pay the invoice.
Step 4. I ship your BE book.
Happy horn playing!
Valerie Wells

2 comments:

  1. Dear Valerie,
    Thank you very much for communicating to me the information regarding BE. I have two other questions, however.

    First, how can I purchase a copy of “The Balanced Embouchure”?

    Second, does BE discuss any information regarding different lip formations of horn players and problematic issues that some formations may cause?


    Let me explain. I have thicker lips than is probably the ideal thin lip formation of most Horn players, however, in August 2016 at the age of 63 I still decided to begin Horn lessons.

    The thickness of my lips is not a problem, I don’t think. But, I have a “tear drop” formation in the center of my upper lip which is common in many people with some tear drop formations being slight to more pronounced.

    Mine is on the more pronounced side and since I’ve had a struggle in the upper range I’ve wondered if this formation is hindering my upper range progression. Hence, this second question.

    Thank you again, Valerie, for your time and effort in helping me. I’ve always wanted to be a Horn player but was told by my 7th grade music teacher that I didn’t have the right kind of lips to play the Horn.

    Then in August 2016 I took the leap anyway and began Horn lessons as a senior citizen and I’m having a great time learning the Horn!

    Sincerely,
    Steve Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. I was locked out of my blog and not being a techy senior, I had to get help from a programmer (my son) to get me back in. LOL! You can purchase the BE for Horn directly from me. Email me ValerieW78 "at" gmail "dot" com. And, to answer your questions... Jeff Smiley addresses the exact lip formations you describe in the book. He offers solutions that have helped hundreds of not thousands of trumpet & horn players improve their chops. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete