Tuesday, July 18, 2023

3 year Embouchure Update from John Behrens

 How I love getting news like this:  

"Hi Valerie

I hope you and your family are well, and that you have been able to get back into playing.
We are all doing fine over here.
Another year has ticked by developing the BE technique. I thought I would just check in with you to let you know how I'm going.
I'm still firmly pursuing developing a balanced embouchure. These days my lip squeak is much closer to what is demonstrated on the video clips. I perceive that over the past three years there has been differing degrees of getting the lip squeak happening but now the muscles have finally learned what they are supposed to be doing. There is still room for development but I'm finding that tone and fluency are getting much closer to a professional sound. 
The C5's are easier to get at the end of a practice.
It is satisfying too, to be able to play pieces from start to finish without having to take a rest break.
I am able to do the lip slur jump from bottom C to C4. I find that doing this seems to set my lip correctly to play a scale up to C5 and back down again.
A mini orchestra at church is my main outlet for playing, making practice worthwhile.
So that is where I'm at. Will say Hi again in a years' time.

Best wishes
John

No comments:

Post a Comment